Monday, October 19, 2009

Royal Engineer Commando Group Database

The Squadron History forms a part of my work.
I also operate the Commando Engineer Group Database.

The Group Database:
59 Indep Cdo Sqn
131 Indep Cdo Sqn (V)
2 Trp - 49 Sqn (EOD)
54 Cdo Field Sqn
56 Cdo Field Sqn
59 Cdo Field Sqn
24 Cdo Engr Regiment

The Database includes REME, ACC and all those who were attached to the Units.
The sole purpose of the Database, is for Reunions at RMB Chivenor - Devon.

It is estimated that around 6000 served in 59 Indep Cdo Sqn, therefore around 10,000 in the Group, from 1971 - 2008.
I have only 3000 Names on the Database, with Contact to 800+ lads.
I really would like to increase this and need everyone to help, by registering with myself AND making sure their mates do the same, or passing me their details, so I can make contact.

If each lad could help with names of lads in their troop, even though they have no contact with them, I can then build a Register of Troops, for each of the 37 years.
This Register will then give me names of lads to find, with approximate years of service.

1 comment: